- Introduction: Why you might want to edit a Google review
- How to sign in and access your Google account
- How to find and select the review you want to edit
- How to make changes to your review
- How to delete a review
- Tips for writing an effective Google review
- What to do if you can’t find your review
- How to respond to a Google review
- How to flag or report an inappropriate review
- FAQs about editing Google reviews
It’s easy to edit a Google review that you’ve left for a business. Whether you want to make a correction or add more detail, you can edit your review.
Checkout this video:
Introduction: Why you might want to edit a Google review
Although it’s not common, there are times when you might want to edit a Google review. Maybe you left out an important detail, or maybe you want to clarify something. In any case, it’s easy to do.
If you’re not signed in to your Google account, follow the steps below. If you are signed in, skip to step 3.
1) Go to the place’s page on Google Maps.
2) Click Write a review.
3) In the top right, click Sign in.
4) Enter your email address and password. If you can’t sign in, click Need help?
5) Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
6) On the “Write a review” page, click the pencil icon next to your review.
7) To add or edit text, click Edit . You can also delete your review by clicking Delete . To finish making your changes, click Save .
How to sign in and access your Google account
If you’re not already signed in to your Google account, follow the steps to sign in.
On your computer, open Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in.
In the top right, click your profile photo or initial.
Click Write a review.
Choose the place you’d like to review:
– If you search for a place and it doesn’t appear in the search results, it may not be eligible for a review.
To the right of the rating scale, click the number of stars you want to give. You can also write a review by clicking Write a review.
How to find and select the review you want to edit
The first step is finding the review you want to edit. You can do this by going to Google Maps and searching for the business you want to review. Once you’ve found the business, click on the “Reviews” tab.
You should see a list of reviews, along with the option to write your own review. If you scroll down, you should also see an option to “Edit” or “Delete” your review.
Click on the “Edit” button, and a popup window will appear. From here, you can change the star rating, as well as the text of your review. Once you’re done making changes, click on the “Save” button.
How to make changes to your review
You may find that you need to edit your review for a number of reasons. Maybe you left out an important detail, or perhaps you want to change your rating. Regardless of the reason, it’s easy to make changes to your Google Review. Here’s how:
1. Sign in to Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in to your Google account.
2. Find the business you want to review, then click on the “Write a Review” button.
3. On the “Write a Review” page, click on the “Edit” button (it looks like a pencil).
4. Make the necessary changes to your review, then click on the “Publish” button.
And that’s all there is to it! Editing your Google Review is a quick and easy process that can be done in just a few minutes.
How to delete a review
There are a few different ways to delete a review, depending on where it’s posted.
If the review is posted on your business profile:
-Sign in to Google My Business.
-Choose the listing you’d like to manage.
-Click Reviews from the menu.
Find the review you want to remove and click the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the review card.
If you’re unable to delete a review, it’s possible that the review doesn’t violate our policy and can’t be removed.
Tips for writing an effective Google review
When writing a review, keep in mind:
-Try to be as specific as possible
-Include both the good and the bad
-Use plain language and avoid profanity
-Stay on topic and avoid comments that are off-topic, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate
-Do not include personal information, such as your email address or phone number
If you would like to edit your review after you’ve posted it, sign in to Google My Business. From there, you should be able to find and edit your reviews.
What to do if you can’t find your review
If you can’t find your review, it may have been filtered. This usually happens if your review doesn’t match the place’s overall rating.
To see filtered reviews:
-On your computer, open Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in.
-Search for a place.
-Click Reviews. If you don’t see reviews yet, click More .
-Under “Filter reviews,” click All reviews. You might need to scroll down to see this.
How to respond to a Google review
Whether you’re a business owner or managing a Google My Business listing, you may occasionally need to edit a review. You might want to remove an inappropriate or inaccurate review, or add more detail to a positive review.
Here are some guidelines for how to respond to a Google review:
-Check the box next to the review you want to edit.
-At the top of the page, click More actions and then Edit.
-Make your changes and click Submit.
If you’re not able to edit a review, it might be because:
-The reviewer has disabled their account.
-The review is more than 30 days old.
-The listing is no longer published.
How to flag or report an inappropriate review
If you see a review that violates Google’s review policies, you can flag the review to send it to Google for escalated review. To do this:
· Open Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in.
· Search for the business that you want to report.
· On the business’ Google Maps listing, clickWrite a review.
· In the Review editor, clickMore Flag as inappropriate.
FAQs about editing Google reviews
Editing a review on Google can be done easily once you know how. Here are some frequently asked questions that can help.
Q: Can I edit my review after posting it?
A: Yes, you can edit your review at any time. Simply go to the “Google Reviews” page, click on the review you would like to edit, and make the necessary changes.
Q: Can I delete my review?
A: No, you cannot delete your review. However, you can edit it so that it is no longer visible to others.
Q: What if I posted my review on the wrong business?
A: If you posted your review on the wrong business, you can still edit it. Simply click on the review and then click “Edit”. From there, you will be able to select the correct business from a drop-down menu.
Q: How do I know if my review has been edited?
A: You will receive an email notification whenever your review is edited.